CBJ Transportation reserves the right to modify or change the Terms and Conditions contained herein at any time without notice.
CBJ Transportation’s quotes are in accordance with the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) safety regulations which prohibit drivers to be on duty more than fifteen (15) hours per day, ten (10) of which are for driving (including a thirty (30) minute pre and post trip vehicle inspection). The driver must be given eight (8) consecutive hours off before resuming duties.
These regulations will be taken into consideration in each quote and in the event your transportation needs require more than one driver the client is responsible for any and all additional costs of furnishing additional drivers.
The client will also be responsible for reserving and paying for a hotel room of 3-star quality rating or higher for each driver meeting the DOT safety regulations or driver(s) on an extended trip.
Pricing / Billing
- Prices on quote confirmations are estimates only. Additional charges for stops, wait time, parking, tolls, etc. may apply. Final charges are determined upon the ride completion.
- Payment due in full at time of reservation.
- Payment is required at time of service.
- A standard gratuity of 20% is calculated on all quote confirmations for your convenience.
- All reservations that are billed on an hourly basis may be billed travel time each way plus the time the passenger is in the vehicle depending on the location of service.
- Additional charges may apply if actual services result in additional miles or hours of service to that of the original quote confirmation. Tolls, highway fees, parking fees, federal and state charges, etc. are considered pass through and will be charged to the client upon route completion.
- All deposits taken are non-refundable.
- Deposits will be forfeited if trip is cancelled.
- Additional cancellation policies may be applied at the discretion of CBJ Transportation at the time of booking based on services, equipment, or event specifications.
Arrival Time / Wait Time / Stops
- CBJ Transportation makes every effort to arrive at least 15 minutes early to each event site. In the event of unusual road, traffic, and weather conditions beyond the control of CBJ Transportation or the driver will not be held liable.
- For all reservations, there is a 30 minute grace period before wait time charges apply. After 30 minutes, wait time charges will be charged at a rate of $75-120/hour depending on vehicle type.
- Any unplanned stops requested will be charged according to the distance and stop location.
- Damage to vehicle resulting from the client shall be charged to the client and is payable as soon as the cost is determined. This could include an excessive cleaning fee in the event the cleaning required upon return is greater than normal.
- In the unlikely event CBJ Transportation equipment, beyond the control of CBJ Transportation or its service provider, encounters a mechanical failure and makes necessary the replacement of equipment originally quoted in the quote confirmation, replacement equipment may be of a different type. CBJ Transportation will make every effort to provide equipment of equal caliber.
- CBJ Transportation reserves the right to invoke Force Majeure and shall not be liable for circumstances beyond its reasonable control including but not limited to act of God; severe weather; road conditions and breakdowns; war or hostilities; fire, earthquake; riot or civil commotion; epidemic; earthquake; flood; or other natural disaster; delay or destruction caused by public carrier.
- CBJ Transportation assumes no responsibility for lost or damaged baggage, personal belongings, or any items left in the vehicle.
- CBJ Transportation reserves the right to refuse to transport persons under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs, who are, or likely to become, objectionable to other persons or the driver, or if the driver feels threatened in any way.
- Smoking is prohibited in all CBJ Transportation vehicles.
- Weapons of any kind are prohibited.
- CBJ Transportation and its Client each agrees to waive all rights to trial by jury in any claim, action, proceeding or counterclaim by either party against the other on any matters arising out of or in any way connected with the event or these Terms and Conditions.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
NEITHER CBJ TRANSPORTATION AND/OR THE SERVICE PROVIDER, SHALL BE LIABLE IN ANY EVENT OR FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT, EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, TO THE OTHER PARTY OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR LOSS OF PROFITS ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE OR CBJ TRANSPORTATION OR THE SERVICE PROVIDER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IT IS EXPRESSLY AGREED THAT NEITHER CBJ TRANSPORTATION, NOR THE SERVICE PROVIDER, SHALL, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR AN AMOUNT GREATER THAN THE SINGLE QUOTE CONFIRMATION FEE FOR THE DAY IN QUESTION.